Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins
Who among us doesn’t like to snack? Me, I snack all the time. Sometimes I snack so much I don’t even eat meals. I should have listened more to my mother about not spoiling my appetite with junk food when I was younger. It wouldn’t be so bad expect for a majority of my snacks are unhealthy. I am always looking for quick easy snacks that are both healthy and filling so once I eat them I won’t spoil any more of my meals.
I can across these banana chocolate chip oatmeal muffins and decided to try them. Instant love at first bite. Not only are these muffins amazing in taste but they are good for you! I like to eat one before I exercise because it gives me just enough energy to work out and keeps me full the whole time. They are also just a get snack to have around for whenever! Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly mist 18 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg whites, egg, mashed banana, milk
- and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until blended together. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Spoon the oatmeal mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake uncovered for 18 to 22 minutes or until oatmeal is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.